Just a few months into the 114th Congress, it became clear that the newly minted GOP majorities in the House and Senate are failing and failing badly. Elected to change the direction of this country, the GOP swept into power in January and promptly shifted direction, away from the grassroots conservatives who elected them and towards K Street and the Chamber of Commerce’s checklist of things to accomplish in Washington, DC. Few, if any, of them have anything to do with repealing Obamacare, stopping illegal immigration or reducing the size and scope of government. On the contrary, many of the K Street/Chamber checklist items seem intent on locking many of those things in for years to come, rather than stopping them.To date, the GOP majorities have:1. Not held Democrats accountable for Obamacare.
2. Stripped conservative language from the DHS bill to pave the way for Obama’s unlawful executive amnesty.
3. Approved $500 Billion in Deficit Spending.
4. Funded Obamacare.
5. Walked away from Medicare reform.
6. Ruined the Pain-Capable Abortion Ban, the only pro-life legislation likely to be seen this session.
Rather than role back government and aggressively mitigate the damage done by the Obama Administration, the GOP leadership is so fond of bloated government, socialized healthcare and growing the debt that just last week, they worked to pass a $500 Billion debt increase to fund Obamacare and “gift” states into submission to the federal government with Medicaid expansion.
Going forward, things have to change or the current GOP majorities will undermine any chance a conservative Republican has of winning the White House in 2016. Here’s what must happen:
1. Strong Economic sanctions against Iran and Russia, not allowing this Administration to kowtow to either regime. Thanks to the GOP “leadership” in the Senate, namely that of Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee (R-TN), the only action the Senate took last week was to paint itself into a corner when it came to reining in the lawlessness of President Obama.
2. We need simple, short, effective legislative strikes from conservatives. During the government shutdown in 2013 short, simple bills showed their effectiveness at putting the Democrats on their heels in spite of their media cheerleaders (recall this Harry Reid meltdown?), yet leadership continues to allow large bills to move forward and crippling amendments to kill good legislation. There are core conservative principles even Democrats can be forced to vote for, such as Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) ban on terrorists entering the country (once again, an issue with Iran).
3. Expansion of offshore drilling and petro-chemical exports. Taking money away from Russia when Russia is helping our enemies is a good thing and a free market is the best market. Stop crippling American business and putting money in Putin’s pocket. And enough of this Keystone nonsense. It is a shiny object. Let’s move America forward with some real reforms.
4. Make sure the Senate does not approve Loretta Lynch. McConnell and gang should be able to whip a Republican Majority. Make no mistake. She will be worse than Eric Holder and much more militant.
5. Replace Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Dan Coats (R-IN), David Vitter (R-LA), and Marco Rubio (R-FL) (see our statement on Rep. Ron DeSantis here) with solid conservatives. If we cannot remove Mitch McConnell (R-KY), John Cornyn (R-TX), and Thad Cochran (R-MS), we must install strong conservatives intent on turning this country around. Time is running out.
Paid for by Madison Project. Not authorized by any candidate or committee.
© 2018 Madison Project. All rights reserved.
Site by A3K Advertising, Inc.